Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's the night before Thanksgiving and all through the house....

Just thought I'd share that I am pleasantly intoxicated by the heavenly smells wafting through my house right about now....warm pecan and apple pies cooling on the counter...mmmmmm. It's a crisp fall evening too, so thankfully we will have a somewhat nippy Thanksgiving day tomorrow to set a proper autumn-ish mood for the holiday. This is not always the case where we live...it could just as easily have been 85 degrees with humidity hanging heavily in the air. It's kind of hard to dress the part when really the most sensible thing is shorts and flip flops! Tomorrow morning I'll finish the dressing, put together Paula Deen's Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding and bake the sweet potato souffle. The rest has been divvied up between two other households. I guess it goes without saying that we aren't exactly trying for a Weight Watcher's Thanksgiving! The food will be great, no doubt, and we'll all eat more than we should. But the best part, dished up in lavish portions, will be fun and laughter with loved ones we don't see nearly often enough. So I hope tomorrow doesn't rush past us like most days -- and I wish the same for you and yours. Enjoy. Savor. Not just the delicious feast, but whoever is around you enriching your life. Counting my blessings and hoping you are doing the same. Happy Thanksgiving Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! :-)