Sunday, February 21, 2010

Goosebumps!

What a treat to have the Crossroads Wind Symphony join us this morning at church! The ensemble of over sixty members is made up of professional and avocational musicians from our area. The group filled the choir loft and their music filled the worship center so beautifully – I wish we could have them every week! It happened to be my week to rotate onto our worship team, so I was extra-blessed to help lead the service as well. I loved every minute of it. Here are some photos I took before the service, when the orchestra was warming up. My zoom feature chose to freeze up on me -- great timing! -- but I still got a few decent shots.







This is my sister with Fred Junkin, her high school band director. This man was fairly mobbed when the service ended, there were so many of his former band students present who wanted to greet him! He played the clarinet today.



This is John Anderson, one of the two conductors and several saxophone players, posing with me. I recognized his name and knew that he was my youngest son’s professor at the community college when he took Foundations of Music his junior year in high school for dual credit. Conner, this is for you! Not only did John remember you, he even asked if you were still working at Target. I got him up to speed on your life at A&M.



This is my lifelong friend, David. He has moved away so what a surprise to see him in the congregation this morning. We keep in touch every couple of months or so, but I had no idea he’d be here today. Great seeing him!



Our pastor was feeling under the weather, but in spite of that, he brought such a good message to us about praying in the power of love from Ephesians 3:16-19. I can’t think of a better way to start the week. And the symphony playing “Be Thou My Vision” and "Amazing Grace" was the icing on the cake!

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Church is always a fun place to be.

    I don't remember you singing! My memory is so shot... :(

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! :-)