Friday, December 4, 2009

It's really coming down, whatever it is!!

There's been an excited buzz all around town this week, ever since the weather gurus started talking about the possibility of snow sometime today. I was wakened by a phone call from my husband who left the house earlier than usual today, asking me if I was watching it snow. Naturally, I was, for once, sleeping in, partly due to the fact that I was twired at bedtime (tired, but wired) and couldn't drift off until the wee hours, and partly because it was darker than usual in my house for this time of day. Curiosity got the best of me and I crawled out of my deliciously toasty bed to see for myself. I may have seen a flake or two! As the morning has marched on, though, the "winter mix" has begun to really come down. I have been trying to figure out exactly what's in the mix. Looks like mostly raindrops with a smattering of big snowflakes to me. Everything is melting as soon as it hits the pavement, but with the arctic air that is supposed to make an entrance this afternoon, it's possible we might see a little dusting on the ground sometime later today if the mix turns more snowy. For now, I am glad I have nowhere to go, a beautiful twinkly Christmas tree to admire, a soft, snuggly spa robe to wear, and a steaming cup of coffee to sip while I keep one eye on the sky. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I love hearing from you! :-)